At this time, Apple launched a minor replace to iOS 12.
iOS 12.0.1 fixes a handful of early bugs customers confronted with September 17’s main launch, most notably issues with WiFi connectivity and charging on new iPhones.
Some customers of the newly launched iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max found slower WiFi speeds than anticipated on their new units. After digging deeper, customers additionally found that the iPhone XS typically joined Wi-Fi networks that have been accessible in each 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands in 2.4GHz despite the fact that the telephones help 5GHz.
There was additionally an challenge with Lightning charging; some iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max telephones failed to start charging when related to their energy supply via the Lightning port till after the display was turned on. We didn’t encounter these points when reviewing the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, however they need to now be resolved for customers who did, lots of whom had taken to Apple and gadget boards to share their experiences.
The replace moreover strikes the place of the “.?123” key on the iPad digital keyboard again to the place it’s anticipated to be, fixes an issue with subtitles in sure video purposes, and fixes a bug that brought on Bluetooth to grow to be unavailable.
In order for you all of it in Apple’s phrases, the corporate’s launch notes are under.
iOS 12.0.1 contains bug fixes and enhancements to your iPhone and iPad. This replace:
- Fixes a problem the place some iPhone XS units didn’t instantly cost when related to a Lightning cable
- Resolves a problem that would trigger iPhone XS units to rejoin a Wi-Fi community at 2.4GHz as an alternative of 5GHz
- Restores the unique place of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes a problem the place subtitles might not seem in some video apps
- Addresses a problem the place Bluetooth may grow to be unavailable
The replace must be accessible to all customers now, and customers who’ve Automated Updates enabled—a brand new function in iOS 12—ought to obtain the replace in a single day if their units are related to Wi-Fi and an influence supply.