A detail by detail guide (with photos) for newbie on the best way to install and configure Easy Hosting Control Panel (EHCP) on a server / vps operating Ubuntu 14.04. I really believe this is often one of the options in searching for free internet based control interface to help make your host hosts your sites or weblog.
what’s ( that is EHCP
EHCP is an open-source and powerful hosting control panel which you can download, install and use it for free on your server. Just like many other control panels (Vesta CP, Kloxo, etc), EHCP allows its users to install full stack of web server, ftp server, dns server, and mail server. It means with EHCP you don’t need to install software that is necessary. Simply install EHCP and you’ll have actually a ready to make use of hosting host. Unlike VestaCP that’s presently operating Nginx as frontend proxy with Apache as backend, EHCP can be additionally the very first hosting that is free supporting native Nginx with PHP-fpm. How cool is that?
Some of its key features:
- Full php, full opensource, easily modifiable, customazible, ehcp templates;
- Unlimited “resellers, panel users, domains, ftp users, emails, mysql databases”;
- Domains, subdomains, ftp, mysql, dns (automatic), email etc. management;
- Password protected domains;
- Email forwarding, autoreply, catch-all emails;
- Web-stats (webalizer);
- Web-ftp (net2ftp);
- Easy Install Scripts/Programs (programs such as wordpress, durpal easily downloaded and copied by means of server; no need to deal with ftp etc. A total of 51 programs – just like Softaculous);
- Add/setup domain & install wordpress in single ste ;
- Add domain, easy add domain, add domain to existing ftp, (use sub-ftp accounts);
- Add ftp in main ftp, add custom ftp space (custom location);
- Disk quota control;
- read more features here.
What you need before installing:
- A SSH client like Putty and basic knowledge about how to use it.
- Basic knowledge about common Unix command to SSH to your server.
- A server or VPS with at least 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended). Then you can read my list of recommended VPS providers or these top low end cloud server providers if you not already have one. Quick suggestion: Atlantic.net, Digital Ocean and RamNode.
- Make yes your host is operating Ubuntu 14.04. In this essay i take advantage of a 512Mb cloud host from Atlantic.net operating Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server 64-bit.
- About one hour and 15 moments of energy
- a walk or tea.
How to install
Step 1 – Login towards host via SSH as root or as a person with root (sudo) privilege:
Step 2 – now you can install complete EHCP package ( version that is latest) using wget command:
That command will always grab the latest version of EHCP. Feel free to always check its version that is latest right here.
Step 3 – Then, draw out the package using this demand:
tar -zxvf ehcp_latest.tgz
Step 4 – Now allows install EHCP using its easy secret demand:
cd ehcp/ ./install.sh
Step 5 – when you granted above demand, it’ll then explains EHCP installation web page with a lot of information and instruction in what can happen next. All you have to do would be to read it very carefully and continue by striking Enter switch. Please remember your process that is install occur in approx 1 hour and it will ask you series of questions you have to answer (like defining your passwords for some services). So hold tight and make sure you have uninterrupted Internet connection.
Step 6 – Enter the password for the MySQL root user and hit OK then re-enter the password again.
Step 7 – Next, EHCP will ask your name and your email. Enter it correctly:
Step 8 – Enter the password for MySQL root user which you’ve setup earlier. In my case, I use servermom as password for all what it asks.
Step 9 – Now enter password for mysql user of “ehcp” then you’ll also have to enter it again (twice for confirmation)
Step 10 – Enter your hostname, IP address, preferred language, etc. If you want to just leave defaults hit Enter on your own keyboard.
Step 11 – Then, you’ll be expected to configure database for roundcube with dbconfig-common. Choose Yes and press Enter.
Step 12 – next web page, you need to choose which database will likely to be utilized by roundcube. It is strongly recommended to merely utilize mysql.
Step 13 – Enter password for the database’s administrative individual.
Step 14 – Enter MySQL application password for roundcube to join up with database host. Enter it two times for verification.
Step 15 – Then, you’ll be expected whether or not to configure phpmyadmin making use of setting that is dbconfig-common not. Simply select Yes.
Step 16 – Enter password of the database’s administrative user to proceed:
Step 17 – Enter MySQL application password for phpmyadmin to register with database server. Enter it twice for confirmation.
Step 18 – Next, the web server that should be automatically configured to run phpMyAdmin. Simply use Apache.
Step 19 – EHCP makes use of Postfix as its mail server so in the page that is next must configure its fundamental environment. Hit okay then select web page.
Step 20 – Now into the page that is next be asked to enter your mail server name. You can simply use your server’s something or FQDN like mail.domain.tld (ex: mail.servermom.org)
Step 21 – Create directories for internet based management? Answer it with Yes.
Step 22 – Then, merely select okay to set up necessary SSL certificates.
Step 23 – Now the installer will request you to additionally install Nginx. This time around you are able to choose No since you’ve currently go for Apache earlier in the day.
Done! The EHCP installation was complete. It’ll show something such as this (below), now you can introduce your chosen browser and available EHCP dashboard.